The onion is the most commonly used vegetable which is the most widely cultivated spices around the world. The onion is commonly found in three colors Yellow, Red and white and their flavors can be spicy, sweet and strong depending on the time in which they are grown.
The scientific name of onion is Allium cepa and they are cultivated
The onion is harvested and dried and they are ready to be stored or served. They are usually harvested in the springtimes and start developing the bulb in the soil and it also starts to develop green leaves which also used as a key ingredient in some recopies, it also blooms white flower with glossy black seeds, also known as Kalonji or onion seed, they are used as a spice in the pickles.
10 Health Benefits of Eating Red Onion
1. Onion Benefits for Hair: onions are a pretty impressive nutrient-packed with all types of acids nutrients and natural chemicals that are beneficial to our scalp and hair follicles and it also loaded with sulfur.
sulfur is a chemical element that acts as an antibacterial and antifungal stimulant for your scalp and hair follicles
sulfur’s antibacterial and antifungal properties clean the areas on a deeper level. so, if you have dandruff onion juice will be really helpful and can clear it up on top of that
the sulfur and onion juice also acts as a stimulant that boosts blood flow in your scalp increased blood flow helps your hair grow thicker and longer
2. Helps cut back pain once a sting after you are injured by a bee it is painful and swelling expertise applying ice and taking medicine is
useful however here’s a tip you will not have tried apply a freshly cut onion to the affected space to scale back pain
3. lowers bad cholesterol studies at the Chinese University of Hong Kong show that onions especially the red ones can help reduce the levels of bad cholesterol studies show that consuming half our
onion daily can help to raise the good HDL cholesterol by 30 percent chives garlic and shallots are also effective they all come from the ilium family
4. Increases your supply of glue to furgluta thumb is one of the most important antioxidants our bodies produce even more of it by eating lots of onions and additionally, alternative vegetables like cauliflower and broccoli this inhibitor will block cancer cardiovascular disease and even presenile dementia
5. Stops codes in their tracks what do the Roman emperor Nero and president George Washington got in common both men were convinced that the best way to stop a cold and developing sore throat was to eat an onion vitamin c is the responsible culprit
6. May help keep blood sugar under control onions contain allyl propyl disulfide oil of onion this oil acts in a way similar to how insulin helps balance blood sugar levels limited research shows that it helps to reduce blood glucose
7. Removes dark skin spots from the skin: Mixing onion juice with an equal amount of apple cider vinegar can remove dark spots on the skin when applied twice a day
hyperpigmentation is often caused by Sun contraceptives or pregnancy it is sometimes referred to as a pregnancy mask both the onions and the cider vinegar help to balance the pH of the skin
it is now established in medical circles that the cotton flavonoid is essential in helping to ward off or cure the following troublesome health conditions blood clots bronchitis high fever, diabetes, asthma
8. Detoxifying with onions: one of the most worrying aspects of our environment is how much we are exposed to some nasty metals lead cadmium and Mercury these metals do a lot of harm in our bodies
we need to get rid of these by detoxifying the best way of doing this is to find foods that have methane in and cysteine which is self or containing amino acids these act as a magnet for those harmful metals and help us excrete these onions have plenty of these amino acids so that they are very a wonderful method of detoxifying
9. Onions may help prevent cancer: one of the most common cancers among men affects the prostate gland
studies published in the Journal of the National Cancer Institute show that regular consumption of the ilium family type of vegetable, garlic, and onions may help to reduce the incidence of prostate cancer similar studies show that stomach and breast cancer rates may also be cut by eating onions
10. Helps to maintain brain health: who isn’t worried about memory loss and brain acuity studies show that the consumption of onions can help when the brain is damaged by a stroke or a clot it seems to play an important role in our mental health